Qualcomm® Robotics RB6 Platform
Delivering power-efficient, advanced edge-AI computing and video processing performance with 5G connectivity for autonomous robotics.
The Qualcomm Robotics RB6 Platform powers the next-generation robotics and intelligent machines including autonomous mobile robots (AMRs), delivery robots, highly automated manufacturing robots, urban air mobility (UAM) aircrafts, and beyond.
The Qualcomm Robotics RB6 platform sits at the premium tier of Qualcomm Technologies’ robotics solutions, delivering expanded capabilities that take enterprise and industrial robotics innovation to the next level with enhanced AI and 5G. The new solution delivers state-of-the-art 5G connectivity with support for global sub-6GHz and mmWave bands in mainstream, enterprise, and private networks.
Qualcomm Technologies robotics platforms have flexible architecture with expansion cards to support evolving connectivity features allowing Qualcomm Robotics RB6 platform to deliver support for 3GPP Release 15, and Releases 16, 17 and 18 features as cards become available in the future. The elevated platform brings best-in-class, premium, edge AI and video processing capabilities through the enhanced Qualcomm AI Engine, with support for 70-200 Trillion Operations Per Second (TOPS).
Qualcomm® Robotics RB6 Platform
Purpose-built for the future of robotics
Robotics RB6 Platform Applications
Autonomous mobile robots (AMRs)
Urban air mobility (UAM) transportation
Automated manufacturing robots
Robotics RB6 Platform Highlights
All-in-one hardware solution
Your camera, computer vision, AI and 5G hardware development needs are integrated into one platform
Easy-to-use, comprehensive, customizable premium AI SDK
The Qualcomm® Intelligent Multimedia SDK brings together multimedia, AI and ML, computer vision (CV), and networking building blocks to support end to end deployment of robotic applications.
Enhanced Qualcomm® AI Engine and power-efficient on-device AI computing and video processing
The enhanced Qualcomm AI Engine provides 70-200 TOPS (INT8) of performance at very low power and delivers maximum performance per watt. Also our powerful image signal processor (ISP) provides support for up to seven concurrent cameras, or up to 24 simultaneous video streaming cameras.
Latest 5G connectivity
Qualcomm Robotics RB6 platform provides 5G connectivity with support for global sub-6GHz and mmWave bands in mainstream, enterprise, and private networks. The platform’s flexible architecture with expansion cards supports evolving connectivity features allowing Qualcomm Robotics RB6 platform to deliver support for 3GPP Release 15, and Releases 16, 17 and 18 features as cards become available in the future.
Robotics RB6 Platform Features
• Qualcomm® Spectra™ 480 Image Signal Processor designed to deliver a premium camera experience that can process 2 Gigapixels per second with high-performance capture of 200-megapixel photos, 8K video recording and 4K HDR video capture.
• Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 Visual Processing Subsystem deliver’s quality graphics for larger than-life immersive experiences using the Adreno graphics processing unit (GPU) and video processing unit (VPU).
• Enhanced Qualcomm AI® Engine with Qualcomm Hexagon DSP for on-device AI processing at the edge and delivers premium computer vision (CV) experiences for high-performance use cases.
• Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU: Manufactured in 7nm process node, optimized across four high-performance Kryo Gold cores and four low power Kryo Silver cores.
• Qualcomm® Secure Processing Unit (SPU) offers vault-like security that is designed to help safeguard your facial data, iris scan and other biometric data. It supports hardware root of trust, Qualcomm® Trusted Execution Environment, Secure boot and camera security.
Specifications of the Qualcomm® Robotics RB6 Development Kit
|Component||Qualcomm® Robotics RB6 Development Kit|
|CPU||CPU Cores: Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU|
|CPU Clock Speed: Up to 2.84 GHz|
|GPU||GPU Name: Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU|
|API Support: OpenCL™, OpenGL® ES|
|DSP||DSP Technology: Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Tensor Accelerator|
|Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine||Hexagon Processor: Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Scalar Accelerator|
|Memory||Density: Up to 16 GB|
|Wi-Fi||Standards: Wi-Fi 6-ready, 802.11ad, 802.11ay, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n|
|Security Support||Wi-Fi Security: WPA3-Enterprise, WPA3-Enhanced Open, WPA3 Easy Connect, WPA3-Personal, FIPS 140-2 support|
|Security Features: Camera Security, Crypto Engine, Cryptographic Accelerator, Qualcomm® Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), Secure Boot|
|Camera||Video Capture Features: 8K video capture at 30fps, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture, 4K video capture with simultaneous 64MP photo capture, 4K Video Capture @ 120 FPS|
|Video Capture (30 FPS): 4K HDR video capture|
|Single Camera: Up to 200 MP|
|Dual Camera, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 25 MP|
|Single Camera, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 64 MP|
|Data Types||Data Types: INT8, INT16, FP16, FP32|
|Part||Part Number(s): QRB5165N, Cloud AI 100|
|Card||Card Types: Dual M.2, Dual M.2 (edge)|
for more information, please visit：Qualcomm® Robotics RB6 Platform
• Generate system image on local PC
• Version control of official image releases
• Flash full build into RB6 device
• Designed for developers
• Host OS: Ubuntu Desktop 18.04
• Alternative: Ubuntu 18.04 on Docker
NOTE： Ubuntu under libvirt KVM/QEMU is not supported
What’s in RB6 SDK Manager
• SDK Manager debian package
• README (User guide)
• Dockerfile for generating Ubuntu 18.04 docker image
Release Note for Updated Image:
|Release note for LU image|
1.Based on Qualcomm release r00023.1a
2.Compatible with gmsl chip(MAX9296AGTM/V+)
1. Based on Qualcomm release r00023.1a
2. Debug mode with debug logs enabled
|Notes: please refer to Qualcomm official release notes for complete support lists of QC releases|
Release Note for SDK Manager
New Features in SDK manager v4.0.0:
- Optimize the product selection interface
- Support for RB5N Non-pop
New Features in SDK manager v3.3.0:
- Update README_Linux.txt
- Update README_Windows.txt
New Features in SDK manager v3.2.0:
-Support for RB5 LU2.0
New Features in SDK manager v3.1.0:
-Support for RB1
-Support for RB2
New Features in SDK manager v3.0.0:
-Support for RB6 Non-pop
New Features in SDK manager v2.1.0:
-Enable LE SDK toolchain download
New Features in SDK manager v2.0.0:
- Commands to download LE releases
New Features in SDK manager v1.2.0:
- Update README
New Features in SDK manager v1.1.0:
- Modify flash method
- Update README
New Features in SDK Manager v1.0.1:
- Update README
- Add debug message on flashing
- Minor fixes
New Features in SDK Manager v1.0.0:
- User credential check
- Dynamic image version control
- Enable system image repack
- Enable full build flash on Ubuntu
1. Internet Timeout Issue
Internet timeout issue may happen during the image generation process. If issues like "Unable to fetch" are encountered, try to run command 1 again.
2. Apt Source issue
If the download fails, check the internet connection and the source list.
3. Device Boots Up
The device reboots after the flashing process is completed. If the sdkmanager does not detect the device, execute the followings:
1) If Ubuntu 18.04 is used on Docker, check whether "adb kill-server" is entered on the host PC before flashing image.
2) Reboot the device manually, open a new terminal window and enter 'adb shell' to check device.
3) Check if any debian packages are modified.
4. If flash process on Ubuntu systems does not work properly, copy full-build folder to a Windows PC and use Thundercomm MULTIDL_TOOL to flash the image. Refer to Here for the tool and user guide.
5. SDK manager flash issue
If issue like 'qdl failed, sahara failed' is encountered, enter the following command on host machine before restart the flash.
Qualcomm® Robotics RB6 Development Kit: